Python web frameworks

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:27:03 EST 2007

Jeff wrote:
> On Nov 21, 6:25 am, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
> 42.desthuilli... at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
>> joe jacob a écrit :
>> (snip)
>>
>>> Thanks everyone for the response. From the posts I understand that
>>> Django and pylons are the best. By searching the net earlier I got the
>>> same information that Django is best among the frameworks so I
>>> downloaded it and I found it very difficult to configure.
>> ???
>>
>> It's been a couple of years since I last used Django, but I don't
>> remember any specific complexity wrt/ configuration.
>
> The only difficulties I have had have been with serving static media.
> Specifically, in the differences in setup between the development
> environment and production, and setting it up so that I don't have to
> make any changes to the code in order to roll out upgrades to a
> product.

I ran into this same problem. I wish it was simply a matter of starting
the django project on another server, but a bunch of paths and URLs
always seem to need to be changed.  (I end up having to modify my
urls.py files because I go from being at the URL root on the development
server to being in a subdirectory on the actual server.)

Other that those issues though, I've really enjoyed working in Django.

STeVe