Crackly sound in pygame

David Tweet davidtweet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 03:54:59 EST 2007

Before calling pygame.init(), you can call pygame.mixer.pre_init.
Make sure the sample rate and sample size matches your audio file.
But most likely the issue is that the default audio buffer size of
1024 doesn't cut it for some sound cards; try increasing to the next
power of two.

Ex.
  pygame.mixer.pre_init(44100, -16, 2, 2048)

On Nov 29, 2007 7:33 PM, Woot4Moo at gmail.com <Woot4Moo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys I am running Windows XP and am having an issue with a game
> that my team has created.  Whenever an audio file is played it creates
> a very distorted, crackly sound.  Any ideas what could be the issue?
>
> Thanks
> --

-David