tidy project file organization (modules and tests)

bramble cadet.bramble at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:53:42 EST 2007

What's the customary way to organize your project files --
particularly modules? Does the following look correct?

    my_project/
        main_script.py
        doc/
            [...]
        whatever/
            [...]
        lib/
            mymod1.py
            mymod2.py
            test/
                test_mymod1.py
                test_mymod2.py
            some_pkg/
                __init__.py
                goodmod1.py
                goodmod2.py
                test/
                    test_goodmod1.py
                    test_goodmod2.py

That is, my project may contain some local project-specific modules
(mymod1, mymod2), but also some in a package that I reuse here and
there in other projects too (some_pkg.goodmod1, some_pkg.goodmod2).

What's the usual name and placement of the file that runs all the
tests?

Finally, if anyone could point me toward any exemplary modules in the
cheeshop that have a tidy project file layout, it would be most
helpful.

Thanks.