Python beginner!

Tony aclarke11 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 16:19:19 EST 2007

On Nov 15, 8:57 pm, Wildemar Wildenburger
<lasses_w... at klapptsowieso.net> wrote:

> Please read this:
> <URL:http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
>
> Then ask again.
>
> /W

Give me back the old comp.lang.python, where anyone could ask anything
and be sure of a range of replies, instead of this sort of
pedanticism. Sorry, nothing personal, maybe Python users have become
too professional and geeky to remember that Python's main objective is
fun, that is why it is called Python.

Telling the asker to go and learn how to ask properly is not fun, it
reeks of arrogance, high handedness and rejection of newcomers.
Nothing personal Wildemar, I have seen lots of others reply in  a
similar fashion. Am I alone in thinking this group has changed in
these ways?

Tony