Python web frameworks

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:15:00 EST 2007

On Nov 22, 11:22 pm, SamFeltus <samfel... at gmail.com> wrote:
> """Perhaps we need a pythonic FRONTEND. """
>
> Should have happened years ago.

It did.  Mark Hammond embedded Python under MSIE about
the same time javascript and java applets came along (94, maybe?)
It didn't fly because of political and marketing problems,
I think.  One technical killer was that C-Python can
be crashed relatively easily by malicious code, and
browser providers don't like that too much.  Also, the
stuff you need to do to make it crash proof would make
the interpreter a lot slower (which may be why javascript
is pretty slow).

  -- Aaron Watters

===
http://www.xfeedme.com/nucular/pydistro.py/go?FREETEXT=msie+de-facto+recognized+dim