Pythonic ORM with support for composite primary/foreign keys?

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Tue Nov 6 06:58:02 EST 2007

Hello,

so far it seems to me as if the only ORM module for Python which
supports composite primary/foreign keys was SQLAlchemy. Which looks a
little bit "overbloated" for my needs: I "just" need to be able to
define a "logical model" (à la UML) in Python and have the ORM connect
to a database (running on PostgreSQL in my case) which uses a
corresponding (pre-defined) "physical model" as its schema.

Modeling really does look exactly like what I need. Among others, it
seems to be understandable even for a Clueless Python Scripting
Dilettant like me. But support for primary keys is not yet completely
built-in (and tested).

So, is there another ORM module for Python besides SQLAlchemy which
supports composite porimary (and foreign) keys, and maybe also other
more "advanced", maybe even some of the PostgreSQL-specific features
(such as e.g. composite types)?

TIA,

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller