Function stopping a function

hdante at gmail.com hdante at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 10:07:49 EST 2007

 Note, this only works in Unix systems:

import os, signal

def long_process():
	while True: print "I'm messing with your terminal ! ",

def short_process(long_process_id):
	raw_input('Press [Enter] to kill the bad process')
	os.kill(long_process_id, signal.SIGKILL)
	print
	print 'Hehe !'

def main():
	print 'Starting two processes (press [Enter]): '
	raw_input()
	pid = os.fork()
	if (pid != 0):
		short_process(pid)