the annoying, verbose self

hdante at gmail.com hdante at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 19:56:24 EST 2007

 Hi,

 Python uses "self" (and textual notation when possible) because its
designers consider that symbols reduce readability. Self won't go
away. :-P

 The issue is related to the first and seventh lines in The Zen of
Python,

 1. "Beautiful is better than ugly"
 7. "Readability counts."

 My opinion is that "self" is a minor issue in python that we can all
live with.