What is Jython?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:23:20 EDT 2007

On Nov 1, 11:37 am, Ze'ev <zeevb.pub... at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...> Jython is currently significantly slower than Python.

> Not according to this :http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/dwatkins/entry/benchmarking_parallel_pytho...

Well I'm damned - I thought that I'd be writing about this being a
parallel example, and Java (and hence Jython)'s better threading
support. Decided to run a few of my old "mathchallenge" scripts
through both Python and Jython, and on some of the examples Python was
running almost 4 times slower...

So that's parallel processing and mathematical processing that seems
faster in Jython. It's be interesting to see a proper comparison of
how different types of program run.

The VM startup overhead is much slower mind, but then that's only an
issue for very small programs.

Cheers,

--
Ant.