Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (May 16)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu May 17 21:52:51 EDT 2007

Steve Holden wrote:
> Beliavsky wrote:
>> On May 16, 2:45 pm, "Cameron Laird" <python-... at phaseit.net> wrote:
>>> QOTW:  "Sometimes you just have to take the path of least distaste". - Grant
>>> Edwards
>>>
>>> "I want to choose my words carefully here, so I'm not misunderstood.
>> <rest snipped>
>>
>> I think Cameron Laird does a good job with the Python digest but
>> blundered here. Why did he highlight a foul comment having nothing to
>> do with Python?
>>
> In fact it *is* peripherally related, since Gartner are currently doing
> a "survey" on dynamic languages, and there was a considerable effort
> exerted just to make sure that most of the questions actually allowed
> sensible comparisons between the various languages.

Please accept my apology: it's Forrester who are currently undertaking
the study on dynamic languages. Anyone interested in helping might look at

http://python-advocacy.blogspot.com/2007/05/need-help-in-preparing-for-study-of.html

and (now the study is underway)

http://python-advocacy.blogspot.com/2007/05/seeking-four-code-samples-for-forrester.html

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119