CP4E revival

I V ivlenin at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:36:42 EDT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 20:03:29 +1000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Hoop-jumping implemented to prevent just this kind of direct linking (and
> thus not saving of the PDF to local disk to view, and thus increasing the
> load on the server).

I'm not sure I see the connection - if you're serving something as
application/pdf, then people are going to download it or view it directly
as they see fit (or as their browser is configured), whether or not they
got their by clicking a link or pressing two buttons (indeed, using the
buttons makes it _harder_ to save the PDF to disk, if that's what you want
to enforce, because users can't right-click/save-as; if their browser is
set up to open PDFs directly, they can't change that behavior without
reconfiguring their browser).