change of random state when pyc created??

Alan Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Thu May 10 02:00:18 EDT 2007

"Carsten Haese" <carsten at uniqsys.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.7500.1178771660.32031.python-list at python.org...
> I was simply pointing out all the ways in which you made it difficult for
the
> community to explain your problem.

And without that community, I would still not have a clue.
Thanks to all!

> Please feel free to suggest specific wording changes to make the
documentation
> more useful.

I'm sure my first pass will be flawed, but here goes:

http://docs.python.org/lib/typesmapping.html:
to footnote (3), add phrase "which may depend on the memory location of the
keys" to get:

    Keys and values are listed in an arbitrary order,
    which may depend on the memory location of the keys.
    This order is non-random, varies across Python implementations,
    and depends on the dictionary's history of insertions and deletions.

http://docs.python.org/lib/types-set.html: append a new sentence to 2nd
paragraph

    Iteration over a set returns elements in an arbitrary order,
    which may depend on the memory location of the elements.

fwiw,
Alan Isaac