Execute commands from file

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed May 16 09:26:19 EDT 2007

tmp123 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> We have very big files with python commands (more or less, 500000
> commands each file).

Those are BIG programs. Presumably other programs are writing them?

> It is possible to execute them command by command, like if the
> commands was typed one after the other in a interactive session?

You need to look for "pdb", the interactive Python debugger. This is
capable of single-step operations, and supports breakpoints.

> ( Better using command flags than with an small script like "while 1:
> input()"    )
>
> Thanks a lot.

You are pretty much going to have to run pdb then trigger your code by
calling a pdb method with a function in your code as an argument, if I
am remembering correctly how it works.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119