Python compared to other language

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Fri May 18 16:27:54 EDT 2007

In article <1179516027.425206.67680 at o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Beliavsky  <beliavsky at aol.com> wrote:
>On May 18, 3:04 pm, scott <sle... at rogers.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>         I have been looking at the various programming languages available.  I
>> have programed in Basic since I was a teenager and I also have a basic
>> understanding of C, but I want something better.
>>
>>         Can anybody tell me the benefits and weaknesses of using Python?
>
>That question has been asked hundreds of times here -- read the
>archives of this group and language comparisons on the web, for
>example the one by Eric Raymond at
>http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/languageschapter.html
>.
>
>Even better, try the language and draw your own conclusions.

"... [T]ry the language and draw your own conclusions" is better
advice than the original questioner might realize, for he doesn't
yet know how low is the cost to get started with Python <URL:
http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html >.

In the meantime, <URL:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/LanguageComparisons > might be of
interest.