No Python for Blackberry?

Tommy Nordgren tommy.nordgren at comhem.se
Sat May 19 13:31:26 EDT 2007

On 19 maj 2007, at 03.19, walterbyrd wrote:

> I could not find a version of Python that runs on a Blackberrry.
>
> I'm just amazed. A fairly popular platform, and no Python
> implementation?

	Download the sources and try compiling it yourself.
On most platforms
Expand the archive.
Then either:
	Give the command ./configure        (in the exanded python directory)
Or
	create a directory (For example 'build-python') it the directory
that CONTAINS the python distribution directory.
	And then execute the command  ../<short-name-for-expanded-python-
directory>/configure
	(in the directory 'build' of the previous step)
then give the commands:
	make
	make check
	sudo make install [whereupon the systom will ask for your
administrator password]

This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren at comhem.se