change of random state when pyc created??

Tue May 8 03:40:52 EDT 2007

On Tue, 08 May 2007 02:12:27 +0000, Alan Isaac wrote:

> "Steven D'Aprano" <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote in
> message
> news:pan.2007.05.06.06.00.17.629591 at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au...
>> If you want to send me the modules, I will have a look at them as well.
>> Many eyes make for shallow bugs...
>
> Dustan and John Machin have confirmed the apparent bug, and I have sent
> you the files. Explanation welcome!!

My testing suggests the bug is *not* to do with pyc files at all. I'm
getting different results when running the files, even when the directory
is read-only (and therefore no pyc files can be created).

My results suggest that setting the seed to the same value does NOT give
identical results, *even though* the random number generator is giving
the same results.

So I think we can discount the issue being anything to do with either
the .pyc files or the random number generator.

--
Steven.