PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Stefan Behnel stefan.behnel-n05pAM at web.de
Tue May 15 07:22:13 EDT 2007

René Fleschenberg wrote:
> Programming is such an English-dominated culture that I even "think" in
> English about it.

That's sad.

> My experience is: If you know so little "technical" English that you
> cannot come up with well chosen English identifiers, you need to learn
> it.

:) This is not about "technical" English, this is about domain specific
English. How big is your knowledge about, say, biological terms or banking
terms in English? Would you say you're capable of modelling an application
from the domain of biology, well specified in a large German document, in
perfect English terms?

And: why would you want to do that?

Stefan