tkinter listboxes

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Fri May 4 03:55:23 EDT 2007

On Fri, 04 May 2007 05:26:56 +0200, <rahulnag22 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I will give a simplified example of the problem at hand --
>
> I have a case in which I have two listboxes - listbox1 and listbox2,
> if I click on an item in listbox1 the item gets highlighted as
> expected. Now if I click on an item in listbox2 the selected item in
> listbox1 loses its highlight. My question is how do I keep the
> listbox1 item from losing its highlight if I select an item in
> listbox2 or to that matter any other widget.

By default, the 'highlighting' is considered as a selection. Since you
can't have two items selected at the same time, the second cancels the
first. To avoid this behaviour, make each list keep its selection to
itself by using the 'exportselection=0' option when you create the Listbox
instance. This should work as you expect.

HTH
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"