Suggestions for how to approach this problem?

Wed May 9 10:35:37 EDT 2007

James Stroud wrote:

> If you can count on the person not skipping any numbers in the
> citations, you can take an "AI" approach to hopefully weed out the rare
> circumstance that a number followed by a period starts a line in the
> middle of the citation.

I don't think any numbers are skipped, but there are some cases where a
number is followed by a period within a citation. But this might not
matter since each reference number begins at the start of the line, so I
could use the RE to start at the beginning.