PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Ross Ridge rridge at caffeine.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 15 08:54:41 EDT 2007

<martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>So, please provide feedback, e.g. perhaps by answering these
>questions:
>- should non-ASCII identifiers be supported? why?

I think the biggest argument against this PEP is how little similar
features are used in other languages and how poorly they are supported
by third party utilities.  Your PEP gives very little thought to how
the change would affect the standard Python library.  Are non-ASCII
identifiers going to be poorly supported in Python's own library and
utilities?

						Ross Ridge

--
 l/  //	  Ross Ridge -- The Great HTMU