Python and GUI

David Tremouilles david.trem at gmail.com
Mon May 21 14:43:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

 My 2 cents contribution:
To me all toolkits offer nice features. It's just a matter of choice
depending on your needs.
I've personally chosen pyGTK and I use it successfully on
Linux/windows/MacOsX for my home grown softs.
The reasons of my choice:
- It looks the same on all platform (actualy I want to use the softs
on different platform and I definitly prefer that it look the same on
all of them!)
- It's easy to develop with (Glade3,...)
- It works perfectly on all platform and it's no difficult to install
(even compile!) on all of them.
- It looks nice (GTK is the Gimp ToolKit)

Let me say that I also tried TkInter (ugly :-( ), pyQt (a mess to
understand what kind of license you are allowed to use for you soft),
wxpython (it's GTK on Linux but not on other platform and thus not
looking the same on all platform...)

Just a personal view...

David