PHP5 programmer learning Python

darren kirby bulliver at badcomputer.org
Sun May 27 12:00:51 EDT 2007

quoth the romiro:
> Hi all,
> Anyway, my first question was if anyone knows of a tutorial that
> focuses on PHP -> Python learning, in such that there might be a block
> of PHP code alongside an example of how to do the same thing in
> Python.  One example of something I've already mapped a comparison to
> thanks to standard tutorials is a PHP numeric indexed array being
> similar to a list and a PHP associative array being similar to a
> dictionary.  Of course finding such of a tutorial isn't a deal breaker
> by any means, but I figured that having it available would be a boon
> for me to actually make some headway in my Python learning adventure.

Not a tutorial, and the code is not alongside each other, but the PLEAC [1]
website may serve as a decent code comparison between PHP and Python.
As for a tutorial, if you are already experienced you will probably want to
check out "Dive into Python. [2]

Have fun,
-d

[1] http://pleac.sourceforge.net/