Anyone use PyPar (Python MPI implementation) recently?

Tim Churches tchur at optushome.com.au
Fri May 18 19:11:47 EDT 2007

Ole Nielsen wrote:
> Cheers and thanks

Now that it is possible to purchase servers from tier-1 manufacturers
with dual quad-core processes (8 CPUs) for under $10k, complete with
discs and lots of RAM - that is, no tedious-to-set-up, space-occupying,
power-hungry and high-maintenance Beowulf-style cluster of commodity
boxes necessary - we are very keen to use PyPar to re-visit
parallelisation of our NetEpi epidemiological analysis code, but we are
aware that both our code and PyPar need to be updated to use NumPy as
opposed to the now deprecated Numeric Python. We still regard PyPar is
still the easiest-to-use wrapper for MPI for Python.

Tim C