docs patch: dicts and sets

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 18:00:45 EDT 2007

>Actually, it would just move the "endless, petty discussions about what
>minutiae are more important" into the docs. I don't see how that's an
>improvement.

Because it highlights the issues you will be faced with when using the
described functions.  People will post about an issue they had with a
function, and then they will post their solution.  Instead of having
to search all over google for an answer, the most relevant discussions
will be right in the docs.   As you read the user comments, you would
be able to quickly tell whether a comment pertains to the issue you
are having trouble with, and if the comment isn't relevant, you can
skip the comment and look at the next comment.  If you wanted, you
could limit yourself to reading just the official python description
of the function and be no worse off.

>And most will simply be confused.

Then it's likely someone will post something to clear up the confusion.