is there a standard way to "install" egg-files under windows ?

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Wed May 30 14:14:40 EDT 2007

hello,

after 4 months playing around with Python,
and I still have troubles with egg files.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If I google on "python egg", I get lost of links,
which contains huge pages of information,
and I'm totally scared off.

I've used several methods,
the last one, success with 1 egg file, no success with another egg-file:
- download ez_setup.py and put it in a sub-directory of the Python path
- open an Python IDE
- open the ez_setup.py in the IDE
- dump the egg files in the same directory as ez_setup.py
- set in the IDE, the commandline parameters to the egg-filename (no path)
- run ez_setup.py in the IDE

Can someone tell how to install an egg file in just 1 line ?
Or even better, can there be an icon on the desktop, where I just can drop the egg-file ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki