List Moderator

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat May 19 03:12:07 EDT 2007

On 18/05/07, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Is this list not moderated? I'm really not interested in Britney
> > Spears boobs. All the spam on this list is from the same place, it
> > should be very easy to filter.
> >
> Is it a list, is it a newsgroup? No, it's c.l.py!
>
> In fact you could be reading this in a number of different forms, and
> there are equally many ways to inject content into the stream. It's
> surprisingly difficult to filter everything out, though the list
> managers at python.org seem to do a remarkably effective job.

I don't believe that a python list manager would have a hard time
coming up with a regex that /dev/nulled any post with the words
"britney", "spears", "boobs", "tits", or the like.

> I'm not particularly interested in that subject matter either, but
> believe me there could be a lot more of that kind of thing than actually
> makes it through!

And if it doesn''t start getting filtered now, the spammers will see
this list as an easy target and will attack it. Believe me.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/