Is PEP-8 a Code or More of a Guideline?

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Sun May 27 03:30:46 EDT 2007

Paul McGuire wrote:

> I was under the impression that lower_case_with_underscores was a
> dated recommendation, and that recent practice is more inclusive of
> mixedCase style identifiers.  On the contrary, Steven Bethard
> straightened me out, saying that PEP-8 used to accept either style,
> but has been amended to accept only lower_case_with_underscores.

    	Underscores are harder to type than any alphanumeric character.
Thus I support their use in situations where difficulty of typing is
desirable (e.g., magic method names) and I detest them in all other
situations.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell