Iron Python

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed May 16 03:18:42 EDT 2007

BartlebyScrivener <bscrivener42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On May 15, 5:22 am, John Machin <sjmac... at lexicon.net> wrote:
>> > > Anybody tried it?
>>
>> > Me.
>>
>> Me too.
>
>Anybody like it?

I think it is a fascinating development, but it is aiming in a different
direction.  To a certain extent, you have to separate the Python language
from the Python standard library.  IronPython has the entire Python
language, and it will run most (but not all) of the standard library we're
all accustomed to, but the real fun of IronPython is that you have the
entire .NET class framework available from Our Favorite Language.

Considering all of the junk that regularly comes out of Redmond, I think
that the Windows Presentation Foundation (formerly called "Avalon") is one
of the most interesting things they've produced in a long time.  IronPython
will give me the opportunity to really dig into WPF without having to drink
the C# kool-aid.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.