PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Gregor Horvath gh at gregor-horvath.com
Wed May 16 05:59:58 EDT 2007

sjdevnull at yahoo.com schrieb:

> code on the (GUI-less) production servers over a terminal link.  They
> have to use all kinds of environments where they can't install the
> latest and greatest fonts.  Promoting code that becomes very hard to
> read and debug in real situations seems like a sound negative to me.

If someone wants to debug a Chinese program, he has in almost all cases
obviously already installed the correct fonts and his machine can handle
unicode.

Maybe yours and mine not, but I doubt that we are going to debug a
chinese program.

I have debugged German programs (not python) with unicode characters in
it for years and had no problem at all, because all customers and me
have obviously German machines.

Gregor