PEP 3131: Supporting Non-ASCII Identifiers

Michel Claveau mcPas.De.Spam at mclaveauPas.De.Spam.com
Mon May 14 11:53:18 EDT 2007

Hi !

> - should non-ASCII identifiers be supported? why?
> - would you use them if it was possible to do so? in what cases?

Yes.
And, more: yes yes yes

Because:

1) when I connect Python to j(ava)Script, if the pages "connected"
contains objects with non-ascii characters, I can't use it ; snif...

2) when I connect Python to databases, if there are fields (columns)
with emphatic letters, I can't use class properties for drive these
fields.  Exemples:
     "cité" (french translate of "city")
     "téléphone"  (for phone)

And, because non-ASCII characters are possible, they are no-obligatory
; consequently guys (snobs?) want stay in pure-ASCII dimension will
can.

* sorry for my bad english *

--
@-salutations