RSA SecurID token authentication?

Chris Shenton chris-list-python at shenton.org
Tue May 29 11:22:12 EDT 2007

Anyone doing python application authentication using RSA SecurID
tokens?  We have a Pylons app that needs this.

I've written code against RSA's API and found the docs terrible and
the libraries painful to use.   RSA has a RADIUS server fronting their
server so I expect I could use that instead, might be easier.  This is
on Solaris10 x86 which supports PAM but I've never accessed PAM from
Python, any pointers?

I've done RADIUS before (Cistron, Ascend, FreeRADIUS) but not with
Python. Any suggestions? I see a pyrad library, last updated in March
2006; any experience with it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.