Pyrex char *x[]

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:42:39 EDT 2007

Hello everybody.

I finally decided to use pyrex for my tasks wrapping and creating new python
objects.

Anyway, i ran into struggles.
I want an array to be passed to a function, so basically i started the
function as follows:

def addToList (self, char *array[]):

This throws an error compiling:
"Cannot convert Python object argument to type 'char(*(*))'"

So, what i want:
Basically, it's a function called by python. This function shall step trough
the elements of the array, and call another function:
def addList(self, char *str):

Calling the addList function directly works properly, the function extends a
C list for the object. Now i want a function adding the whole array to a
the list, using the 2nd function.

Does anyone of you have an idea how to archive this?

Thank you,
Georg