zipfile [module and file format, both] stupidly broken

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat May 19 21:45:49 EDT 2007

Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> A module in the Python Standard Library has a bug. I take the Python
> Library Reference manual, go to the last pages (Appendix B), and find how
> to properly report a bug.

Sure, the information is *somewhere*.  Silly me, I expected it to be
readily findable from the project's home page, as it usually is for open
source projects (and I thought I remembered it being so in the past -
y'know, before the web site got prettified and dumbed down).  Is there
any good reason not to have it in lots of likely places, aside from the
opportunity to jeer at those who didn't look in the right one while
spending their time trying to report a problem?

Never mind, rhetorical question.

--
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem,
the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and