Muzzle Velocity (was: High resolution sleep (Linux)

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Sun May 27 03:03:20 EDT 2007

 "Cameron Laird" <c.d at l...us> wrote:
> .
> Ha!  It's interesting, especially for "computerists", to consider
> how some technologies "plateau":  steam car speeds, fresco paint-
> ing, dry-stone walls, ...
>

>From what I remember from my reading, the Stanley Steamer
had a reputation as a "Hot Rod" (pun intentional) - and people
said that nobody who tried to get its maximum out of it would
live.

I would suspect that the cause was not the engine, but the
cornering performance of the chassis.

Would be interesting to put an engine like that into a modern
chassis to see what it would do.

Probably would not beat a mini fitted with a Kawasaki 1100
engine for each wheel, though - an interesting problem in
real time control...

- Hendrik