assigning to __class__ for an extension type: Is it still possible?

gregory.lielens at gmail.com gregory.lielens at gmail.com
Thu May 3 07:49:56 EDT 2007

> We have then added the Py_TPFLAGS_HEAPTYPE tp_flag, which turn _PClass
> into a heap
> class and should make this class assignment possible...

A precision: it seems that just addind Py_TPFLAGS_HEAPTYPE flag in
the
PyTypeObject tp_flags is not all you have to do to turn a static type
into a heap type: indeed, when doing such in the Noddy examples,
I have a segfault when just typing:
n=Noddy()

there is an access to the ht_name slot that is apparently non
initialized...

So Maybe the core of the problem is that I do not define the heap type
correctly....Do anybody have (or can tell me where to find) a small
example of an extension module defining a heap class? Similar to the
Noddy examples from the python doc?
I did not find any concrete example of Py_TPFLAGS_HEAPTYPE in the
current doc or on the net...

Best regards,

Greg.