progress indicator in a mod_python script

Rajarshi rajarshi.guha at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:46:28 EDT 2007

Hi, I have a web application built using mod_python.Currently it
behaves like a standard CGI - gets data from a form, performs a query
on a backend database and presents a HTML page.

However the query can sometimes take a bit of time and I'd like to
show the user some form of indeterminate progress indicator (spinning
dashes etc). My searching seems to indicate that this is based on some
form of asynchronous calls (AJAX) and I'm not sure how I can achieve
this effect in my mod_python app.

Any pointers to achieve this would be very appreciated.

Thanks,