omissions in python docs?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 17 22:22:43 EDT 2007

En Thu, 17 May 2007 21:13:49 -0300, John Machin <sjmachin at lexicon.net>
escribió:

> On May 18, 9:24 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> wrote:
>> En Thu, 17 May 2007 13:39:43 -0300, 7stud <bbxx789_0... at yahoo.com>
>> escribió:
>>
>> > 2) The fnmatch module does not even mention translate().
>>
>> At least for 2) you're late. It's already documented on
>> 2.5.1:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1630844&grou...
>>
> Not quite. All that says is that you raised the problem and that
> somebody else's patch was accepted.
> It's not in 2.5.1 AFAICT: not in "current docs" on Python website, not
> in CHM file distributed with Windows version of Python 2.5.1

But it *is* corrected on the CHM file from Release 2.5.1c1 (5th April,
2007), and also in the source distribution for 2.5.1 final
(libfnmatch.tex). I don't have the 2.5.1-final Windows binaries to check,
but if it's not updated there, perhaps there was a hiccup on the release
process.
And the docs on python.org aren't updated either. Hiccups comes in
sequence...

--
Gabriel Genellina