Windows Debugging w/o MS

olsongt at verizon.net olsongt at verizon.net
Thu May 24 14:52:50 EDT 2007

On May 24, 5:54 pm, "Christopher Anderson" <sidewinder.... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Debug builds are incompatible with release builds.  You'll need to
> > build every binary extension in debug mode (assuming the original
> > authors don't provide debug builds).
>
> Right, and this is what I would like to avoid having to do.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> PS. Sorry for the duplicate olsongt

Well I guess what I'm saying is, it's a pain to get a python debug
environment up and running, regardless of your toolchain, but there
isn't really any way of avoiding it.  (Although I guess this is the
case with any project that uses a bunch of different 3rd party
components.)  So you might as well buckle down and do it with whatever
environment you like to use.

I'd say maybe you could figure things out with a map file, but I'm
guessing at least some .dlls are getting their addresses relocated
when they're loaded.