Python and GUI

Jorgen Bodde jorgen.maillist at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:00:52 EDT 2007

Well wxPython offers all of the above. They use XRC which is a XML
file which can be loaded inside the GUI, that auto-creates the
components + layout for you. It also supports creating the gui
programatically, which might be very handy when your layout is
undetermined or changes when users select options etc.

I use wxPython because I am used to wxWidgets C++ and it is very good
under python (I am a python newbie and the integration in python is
fine). I use wxGlade to auto generate the GUI from inside the GUI
designer, works great as well

As for tkinter, PyQt or PyGTK, I do not have much experience with
them. You don't change a winning formula ;-)

- Jorgen