append

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu May 10 15:26:57 EDT 2007

"Neil Cerutti" <horpner at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:slrnf46nud.1hg.horpner at FIAD06.norwich.edu...
| On 2007-05-10, HMS Surprise <john at datavoiceint.com> wrote:
| > Trying not to be a whiner but I sure have trouble finding
| > syntax in the reference material. I want to know about list
| > operations such as append. Is there a pop type function? I
| > looked in tutorial, language reference, and lib for list,
| > append, sequence. Is there a place where us doofi ( who may not
| > have our heads out in the sunlight) may find all related syntax
| > grouped together?
|
| You need the material in the Python Manual in the astonishingly
| useful Library Reference section 1.2.3: Built-In Types. The only
| thing you'll look at nearly as much is 1.2.1: Built-In Functions.

In the current version of the library reference, these are chapter 3
http://docs.python.org/lib/types.html
and section 2.1
http://docs.python.org/lib/built-in-funcs.html

A substantial number of newbie questions are answered therein.

'append' has several entries in the substantial lib ref index.

tjr