Shared Memory Space - Accross Apps & Network

Robert Rawlins - Think Blue robert.rawlins at thinkbluemedia.co.uk
Mon May 21 05:29:38 EDT 2007

Hello Guys,

I've got an application that runs on an embedded system, the application
uses a whole bunch or dicts and other data types to store state and other
important information.

I'm looking to build a small network of these embedded systems, and I'd love
to have them all share the same set or data. Is it possible to share the
applications variables across multiple applications, so certain lists are
like a 'pool' written to by the different systems? I'm sure I could cobble
something together by writing the lists to shared files instead of keeping
them in RAM, but that feels a little inefficient. I'd like to try and
configure some form of master/slave relationship between my applications if
possible.

Thanks for any ideas you guys might have.

Rob