file uploader

Sick Monkey sickcodemonkey at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:41:16 EDT 2007

I never heard a response back concerning my previous question, so I decided
to write my own function.  If anyone has a simpler way of checking to see if
a file already exists (prior to uploading to a server) and renaming it,
please let me know.

Here is the code that I am using (it runs exactly the same as the linux app
'arcgen').

<%
import os,string
filename = "whoa.mp3"
dir_path = "/u01/"
i = 0
while os.path.exists(dir_path+filename):
  #filename=string.replace(filename, ".-0",".-1")
  if i == 0:
     filename = "%s.-%s" % (filename,i)
  else:
     t = i-1
     filename=string.replace(filename,".-%s" % (t),".-%s" % (i))
  i += 1
req.write(filename)
%>

The directory contains the following files: "whoa.mp3" and "whoa.mp3.-0".
This code will output "whoa.mp3.-1".