Python 2.5 and WXPython demo's

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Wed May 30 07:31:01 EDT 2007

Andrew P wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new (very) to Python and have just down loaded the latest version
> of Python (2.5) and WXPython (2.8).
>
> For some reason I cannot get the WXPython demo to run at all. I run
> windows XP and it can't find a program to run the demo. Any advice?
> (apologies if this has been posted before).

There *should* be a link in your startmenu in the wxPython group. I'm
quite positive, but not 100% sure. I think it has the snake-icon. But if
it's really not there (as you suggested), simply go the the folder you
installed the demo to and run demo.py.

Maybe there's a blunder in the installer for the 2.8 demo? Anyone?

bye
/W