omissions in python docs?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 17 15:08:33 EDT 2007

memracom at yahoo.com schrieb:
>> It often happened in the past that patches were admitted which don't
>> simultaneously update the documentation, hence they diverge. These
>> days, patches are regularly rejected for not providing proper
>> documentation changes.
>
> Nevertheless, the docs *ARE* old and poorly maintained.

I agree they are old, but they are *not* poorly maintained.
There is a strict policy that changes to the code *must*
be accompanied by documentation updates, and contributed
documentation patches are quickly integrated (more quickly
than code changes). So from a maintenance point of view,
the documentation is at a better standing than the code.

Regards,
Martin