Python command line error

Mick Duprez duprez at hinet.net.au
Mon May 28 20:25:00 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I've installed Python 2.5 on a number of machines but on one I'm
having problems with the CLI.
If I fire up the 'cmd' dos box and type 'python' I get a line of
gibberish and it locks up the cli, if I run the 'command' dos box I
get a few lines of garbage and it crashes/closes the dos box.

I've tried a re-install, checked my system paths etc but I can't get
it to work, it works ok for running scripts from a dbl click in
explorer for instance and from Idle, I just can't run scripts from the
command line.

I have installed -
xp pro sp2
Python25
wxPython2.8 unicode
PIL
numpy

any clues to what's causing this behavior?
tia,
Mick.