tkinter - Screen Resolution

rahulnag22 at yahoo.com rahulnag22 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 12:37:32 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have developed a GUI using tkinter (grid geometory manager).
The structure is a top frame containing multiple subframes. Each
subframe has a combination of widgets like(Entry, label,
button,listboxes). The subframes are placed with a padx and pady
offset with regards to the other subframes. And the widgets within
these subframes have their own padx and pady offsets. The GUI runs
fine on my linux box, but on a different linux box things get wierd.
I see things like-
1) The frame width increasing
2) The widget padx translating to much bigger offsets with reference
to the subframe edges
3) Widget widths like that for Entry become bigger

I Know its to do with the screen resolution settings and user settings
on different machines. Can anyone point me in the right
direction(before I start looking into it)as how to account for
different screen resolutions so as to have as uniform a GUI look as
possible across different user machines.
A smaller version of my GUI layout looks something like-->

===============Top Frame=================
=    - SubFrame -         ---------SubFrame---------
=    -                -         -
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
-
=    -                -         -     '       Widget       '     -
=    -                -         -
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''     -
=    -   Widget   -         -----------------------------
=    -
-
=    -                -         ---------SubFrame---------
=    -                -         -
-
=    -                -         -
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
-
=    -   Widget    -         -   '       Widget       '      -
=    -                -         -
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''       -
=    -                -         -
-
-
=    -                -         -   '       Widget       '       -
-

Thanks
Rahul