Components for a client/server architecture

Samuel knipknap at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:09:34 EDT 2007

On May 22, 3:10 am, Josiah Carlson <josiah.carl... at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> That snippet of code shows that acquiring a lock does release the GIL.

Of course, that does not mean that the (possible) issues no longer
apply. However, I decided to hack up a quick prototype and see how it
goes. If it doesn't work it shouldn't be too hard to switch to
IronPython.

> You should also consider XML-RPC.  Setting up and using XML-RPC in
> Python is quite easy (see the recipes in the Python cookbook), both as a
> server and client.

It's nice and simple, but more in the SOAP domain of things. As for
CORBA, I had a closer look at Omniorb and it looks powerful, pretty
much exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!
-Samuel