[python-advocacy] Need Help in Preparing for Study of Python by Forrester Research

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tennessee at tennessee.id.au
Thu May 3 01:04:20 EDT 2007

I've read through the document. It seems basically okay, although
highly web-oriented. There are still *some* desktop developers left in
the world!

I was a little disappointed not to see more on the community -- e.g.
engagement of the community, activity in support fora, availability of
books and tutorials etc.

The questions looked like a reasonable checklist if you were
developing an enterprise web app, but didn't really turn out very much
about the language itself, or cover elegance, programming style.

It would probably be good to see a few standard algorithms implemented
in each language rather than allowing each language to submit whatever
they like. A bit of both might be nice.

Just my 2c.

Cheers,
-T