wxpython demo error on debian etch

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:51:44 EDT 2007

On May 29, 8:38 am, BartlebyScrivener <bscrivene... at gmail.com> wrote:
> If there is a wxPython on Debian user in the house? I am using the
> version of the demo that came with the apt-get download of wxPython.
>
> I thought I'd followed the instructions for installing and unpacking
> the wxPython demo program. It appears to run after a fashion, but I
> also get this at the commandline.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> (python:5865): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_realize_icon: assertion
> `info->icon_pixmap == NULL' failed
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/
> _misc.py", line 1286, in Notify
>     self.notify()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/
> _core.py", line 13637, in Notify
>     self.result = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
>   File "/home/rick/bin/wxPython/Main.py", line 1713, in ShowMain
>     if self.fc.IsRunning():
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/
> _core.py", line 13481, in __getattr__
>     raise PyDeadObjectError(self.attrStr % self._name)
> wx._core.PyDeadObjectError: The C++ part of the MySplashScreen object
> has been deleted, attribute access no longer allowed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick

The problem is probably that it's older. I'm guessing it's either a
bug that's been fixed or something that's deprecated. The wxPython
website details how to get the latest version of wxPython (2.8.4)
here: http://wxpython.org/download.php

I'm not an expert with the wxPython errors. I would recommend that you
also ask at the wxPython user's group: http://wxpython.org/maillist.php

Hope that helps a little!

Mike