Help creating Tiger hash function in Python

Vyacheslav Maslov vmaslov at swsoft.com
Mon May 7 01:54:42 EDT 2007

> I am a Uni student and for a project in Information Systems Security due
> in just under two weeks, I have tried to make a Python version of the
> Biham / Anderson Tiger Hash function. I have put the original C source
> and my two files Tiger.py and doHash.py on my website:
>
> http://www.users.on.net/~mlivingstone/
>
> My problems are doubtless basic since I have been teaching myself
> Python. My best knowledge is Java :-(
>
> Firstly, in doHash.py, I cannot invoke tiger() without getting unbounded
> errors and / or complaints about no such method.

First of all you should create an instance of you Tiger class, you try
to do this by line:
x = Tiger.Tiger

But this is wrong, because you should call constructor and pass all
necessary parameters, in very simple case:
x = Tiger.Tiger() (if there is no constructor parameters)

--
Vyacheslav Maslov
SWsoft, Inc.